Privacy & Terms
Terms and Conditions 2017/2018
“The Boutique Collection” means The Boutique Collection Pty Ltd and/or 2020 Management Pty Ltd ; “TBC Publication” means any website, brochure or other document produced by or on behalf of The Boutique Collection; “Agent” means any person or organisation who acts or purports to act on behalf of any other person in booking or attempting to book accommodation with The Boutique Collection; “Guest” means any person who intends to or does stay in accommodation provided by The Boutique Collection, whether booked by them or by any Agent.
- All parties agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Receipt of these terms and conditions together with any consequent booking by an Agent, Guest or other third party constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of same. Where a booking is made by an Agent, these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the Guest. It is the responsibility of the Agent to ensure these Terms and Conditions are brought to the attention of the Guest.
- All properties managed by The Boutique Collection are privately owned and managed off site. Contact The Boutique Collection for offsite check in procedures.
- Apartments – Bookings cancelled at least 14 days prior to the arrival date will incur no additional cancellation penalty beyond the original deposit for all accommodation.
- Holiday Homes – Bookings cancelled at least 30 days prior to the arrival date will incur no additional cancellation penalty beyond the original deposit for all accommodation.
- Apartments – Bookings cancelled during the 14 day period prior to the arrival date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total tariff for that booking
- Holiday Homes – Bookings cancelled during the 30 day period prior to the arrival date will incur a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the total tariff for that booking.
- Changes to an existing booking will incur a minimum administration fee of $25 each time the existing/processed booking is changed (excluding cancellations).
- It is at The Boutique Collection’s sole discretion as to what monies are refundable.
- When a property or room is booked through The Boutique Collection, the Guest named on the Booking Confirmation is liable for any damage caused to the room or property and any missing items. If any damage is caused to, or any items are missing from, the property or room, the Guest gives The Boutique Collection authority to debit the Guest’s credit card for the estimated costs of any repairs or replacement of the said items, at the discretion of The Boutique Collection. Any balance to be refunded to the guest will be refunded within 14 days of the repaid being effected.
- If a Guest arrives at the property and is not satisfied with the accommodation chosen, the Guest will remain liable for the full balance owed, unless it can be shown beyond doubt that the Guest did not get what was detailed on the Confirmation Form or what was depicted on any relevant TBC Publication, taking in to account the terms and conditions raised in Clause 9 herein.
- The majority of properties provided by The Boutique Collection for accommodation are strata titled. This means that each property is owned by a different person. Because of this, the furnishings in each property can vary. On our websites we have displayed photos of typical properties. These are neither the best properties, nor the worst. The photos are used as a guide only, and The Boutique Collection cannot be held responsible if a particular property does not resemble photos on any TBC Publication.
- The Guest gives The Boutique Collection and/or the Agent (with the consent of The Boutique Collection) authority to debit his/her credit card for any monies owing for his/her booking, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions
- It is the responsibility of the Guest to check if they have made a reservation to stay during a Special Event and if so to check if any additional fees and charges may apply during this time to a 3rd party for access to a restricted area which can include the accommodation. It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure they have the appropriate accreditation to access the accommodation and have paid applicable charges. The Boutique Collection will not take responsibility for Guests who fail to do this. Examples of such events include but are not limited to the Cairns Amateurs, Davis Cup, Solar Eclipse, Carnivale, sporting events e.g. Cairns Iron Man and The Mountain Bike World Championships
- In the event of extreme hardship being caused to a Guest in the opinion of The Boutique Collection, The Boutique Collection reserves the right to cancel a booking and relinquish all responsibility on money owing by the Guest to the Agent.
- The guest agrees to indemnify The Boutique Collection for any action taken by the Agent against The Boutique Collection in relation to the Guest and/or his/her reservation.
- The agent agrees to indemnify The Boutique Collection for any action taken by the Guest or any invitee of the Guest against The Boutique Collection in relation to the Agent and/or the guest’s reservation or any matter relating thereto.
- If The Boutique Collection elects to cancel a booking, it is at the total discretion of The Boutique Collection as to whether a Guest receives a refund. If called upon to do so, the Agent agrees to refund a deposit.
- The Boutique Collection strongly recommends that guests take out travel insurance to cover their obligations under these Terms & Conditions.
- A booking is not confirmed unless The Boutique Collection has sent written confirmation.
- In the event that there is a problem with the products and services booked through The Boutique Collection, all Guests are to contact The Boutique Collection at the earliest occasion the problem becomes apparent. The Boutique Collection will not accept responsibility for any difficulty where the Guest does not alert The Boutique Collection to the problem when it first becomes apparent.
- If a Guest fails to pay monies when owed, The Boutique Collection reserves the right to deem this as a cancellation and cancel the booking. Should this happen, the Guest will forfeit his/her deposit if the booking is cancelled within 14 days for apartments or 30 for holiday homes of the arrival date of the booking.
- If final payment is to be debited automatically from the Guest’s credit card, this will be done 14 days for apartments and 30 days for holiday homes prior to check in. If the day of check in falls on a Public Holiday or weekend, the funds will be debited the business day prior. The card holder gives The Boutique Collection express authorisation to do this.
- Any payments that were taken from a credit card, and which need to be refunded, will incur a 5% refund charge.
- All parties agree that reservations made with The Boutique Collection are governed by Queensland law and all proceedings between the parties should be filed in a Queensland Court. Should a proceeding be filed in a court located in any other State, all parties agree to have the proceedings moved to the closest Court to the head office of The Boutique Collection with the cost of such move to be borne by the party who instituted such action.
- The Guest agrees that the accommodation is booked only for the number of people actually stated on the Confirmation. Any additional people will be charged for at the applicable client’s nightly rate. The Guest gives The Boutique Collection and/or the Client the authority to charge the Guest’s credit card for any such additional people.
- The majority of properties are strata titled. This means that each property/house/room type within the complex is owned by a different person. If for any reason the property/house/room type becomes unavailable even though the Guest has a confirmed booking The Boutique Collection may need to relocate to a different property/house/room type or cancel the booking. The Boutique Collection will not be held liable for any change, additional charges may be required for a relocation or cancellation.
- A credit card imprint is required at the time of check-in, to cover incidentals and damage. If the Guest does not have a credit card, then a cash bond is required. It is at the discretion of The Boutique Collection as to whether they require a credit card imprint or a cash bond and a credit card pre authorisation can be taken at any time from the guests check in to the time any damage is located. Standard bond requirements are $200 minimum in a One Bedroom property, $400 minimum in a Two Bedroom property and $600 minimum in a Three Bedroom property.
- All Guests of The Boutique Collection must be at least 18 years of age.
- Any accommodation booked with The Boutique Collection is for accommodation purposes only and expressly prohibits the use of this accommodation for anything other than this purpose. The Boutique Collection expressly prohibits the use of its accommodation for functions, gatherings or parties or any other purpose which would interfere with the comfort of other guests and facilities.
- All deposits paid to The Boutique Collection are non-refundable or transferable, except under Clause 11 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Accommodation that is booked as a package including flights 50% deposit is required to confirm booking. The balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- If a surcharge is paid to guarantee an apartment and the apartment becomes unavailable for any reason the surcharge will be refunded.
- If the House/Apartment fees will be charged if the House/apartment is deemed to require extra cleaning.
- If the House/Apartment has internet, fees will be charged if excess downloading occurs e.g. downloading movies
- Credit Card payments will incur a 1.5% surcharge for Visa/MasterCard American Express 2.5% Diners not accepted
- We reserve the right to charge any credit card for any damage/excess cleaning to the apartment/houses/villas
Rates Rules 2017/2018
- Please see rate card which outlines minimum stay at each property
- Weekly service included complimentary for stays of 8 days or more.
- Extra mid stays and services available at an additional tariff
- Daily tidy available at an additional tariff
- Cot available and payable on arrival – pay direct $10 a day
- Highchair Available and payable on arrival – pay direct $10 a day
- Extra bed available and payable on arrival – pay direct $50 a day.
- Children under 2 – free in existing bedding
- Children 3 and over are counted as person in the room
- Balance payable 14 days prior to arrival for Apartments 30 days prior to arrival for Holiday Homes
- Speed Check in available – contact The Boutique Collection.
- All bookings are prepaid prior to check in.
- Seasons 2017/2018: 1 January – 15 January Peak, 24 June – 17 July Premium Peak, 18 July – 15 September Peak, 16 September – 9 October Premium Peak, 10 October – 15 October Peak, 25 Dec – 31st December Peak.
- All other times Off Peak – unless specified otherwise.
- Stay / Pay Deals – valid low season.
– Rates marked in BLUE – Stay 6 Nights / Pay 5 Nights.
– Rates marked in RED – Stay 7 Nights / Pay 5 Nights & Stay 4 Nights / Pay 3 Nights
- Where agent takes full amount of accommodation cc card details to be requested prior to arrival.
- To guarantee an apartment 25% surcharge
- Maximum people
– Studio 2 people
– 1 Bedroom 2 people
– 2 Bedroom 4 people
– 3 Bedroom 6 people
– 4 bedroom 8 people
– 5 Bedroom 10 people
– 6 Bedroom 12 people
Some properties will allow additional rollways at a fee.
- During school holiday period’s apartments/villas may not be able to book as lesser room types. E.g.: Island Views can only be sold as a 3 bedroom apartment, not as 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. This is at the discretion of The Boutique Collection. Check our website for any block outs.
- Breakfast baskets are non-commissionable
- Any property stating request – please contact The Boutique Collection for pricing