Privacy & Terms
We strongly recommend that you take out Domestic Travel Insurance when making a reservation and we are happy to provide proof of costs for any claim you may need to make.
Terms & Conditions
“The Boutique Collection” means The Boutique Collection Pty Ltd and/or 2020 Management Pty Ltd ; “TBC Publication” means any website, brochure or other document produced by or on behalf of The Boutique Collection; “Agent” means any person or organisation who acts or purports to act on behalf of any other person in booking or attempting to book accommodation with The Boutique Collection; “Guest” means any person who intends to or does stay in accommodation provided by The Boutique Collection, whether booked by them or by any Agent.
All parties agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions. Receipt of these terms and conditions together with any consequent booking by an Agent, Guest or other third party constitutes acknowledgement and acceptance of same. Where a booking is made by an Agent, these Terms and Conditions shall be binding on the Guest. It is the responsibility of the Agent to ensure these Terms and Conditions are brought to the attention of the Guest.
All properties managed by The Boutique Collection are privately owned and managed off site. Contact The Boutique Collection for offsite check in procedures.
- All deposits paid to The Boutique Collection are non-refundable or transferable, except where specified elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions.
- Deposits are 25% for Apartments and varying rates for Holiday Homes and Villas.
- Accommodation that is booked as a package including flights requires a 50% deposit to confirm the booking. The balance is due 30 days before arrival.
- A reservation is not confirmed unless The Boutique Collection has sent written confirmation.
- All reservations made with The Boutique Collection must include at least one Guest who is at least 18 years of age, and the reservation must be made in the adult’s name.
- The majority of properties provided by The Boutique Collection for accommodation are strata titled. This means that each property is owned by a different person. Because of this, the furnishings in each property can vary. On our websites we have displayed photos of the actual property when these are available. When up to date images are not available, typical properties may be displayed. These are neither the best properties, nor the worst. The photos are used as a guide only, and The Boutique Collection cannot be held responsible if a particular property does not resemble photos on any TBC Publication.
- If a Guest arrives at the property and is not satisfied with the accommodation chosen, the Guest will remain liable for the full balance owed, unless it can be shown beyond doubt that the Guest did not get what was detailed on the Confirmation Form or what was depicted on any relevant TBC Publication, taking in to account these terms and conditions.
- When a property or room is booked through The Boutique Collection, the Guest named on the Booking Confirmation is liable for any damage caused to the room or property and any missing items. If any damage is caused to, or any items are missing from, the property or room, the Guest gives The Boutique Collection authority to debit the Guest’s credit card for the estimated costs of any repairs or replacement of the said items, at the discretion of The Boutique Collection.
- It is the responsibility of the Guest to check if they have made a reservation to stay during a Special Event and if so to check if any additional fees and charges may apply during this time to a 3rd party for access to a restricted area which can include the accommodation. It is the responsibility of the Guest to ensure they have the appropriate accreditation to access the accommodation and have paid applicable charges. The Boutique Collection will not take responsibility for Guests who fail to do this. Examples of such events include but are not limited to the Cairns Amateurs, Davis Cup, Solar Eclipse, Carnivale, sporting events e.g. Cairns Iron Man and The Mountain Bike World Championships
- The Guest agrees that the accommodation is booked only for the number of people actually stated on the Confirmation. Any additional people will be charged for at the applicable client’s nightly rate. The Guest gives The Boutique Collection and/or the Client the authority to charge the Guest’s credit card for any such additional people.
- The majority of properties are strata titled. This means that each property/house/room type within the complex is owned by a different person. If for any reason the property/house/room type becomes unavailable even though the Guest has a confirmed booking The Boutique Collection may need to relocate you to a different property/house/room type or cancel the booking. The Boutique Collection will not be held liable for any change, additional charges may be required for a relocation or cancellation.
- Any accommodation booked with The Boutique Collection is for accommodation purposes only and expressly prohibits the use of this accommodation for anything other than this purpose. The Boutique Collection expressly prohibits the use of its accommodation for functions, gatherings or parties or any other purpose which would interfere with the comfort of other guests and facilities.
- All parties agree that reservations made with The Boutique Collection are governed by Queensland law and all proceedings between the parties should be filed in a Queensland Court. Should a proceeding be filed in a court located in any other State, all parties agree to have the proceedings moved to the closest Court to the head office of The Boutique Collection with the cost of such move to be borne by the party who instituted such action.
- In the event that there is a problem with the products and services booked through The Boutique Collection, all Guests are to contact The Boutique Collection at the earliest occasion the problem becomes apparent. The Boutique Collection will not accept responsibility for any difficulty where the Guest does not alert The Boutique Collection to the problem when it first becomes apparent.
- A booking is not confirmed unless The Boutique Collection has sent written confirmation.
- The guest agrees to indemnify The Boutique Collection for any action taken by the Agent against The Boutique Collection in relation to the Guest and/or his/her reservation.
- The agent agrees to indemnify The Boutique Collection for any action taken by the Guest or any invitee of the Guest against The Boutique Collection in relation to the Agent and/or the guest’s reservation or any matter relating thereto.
- In the event of extreme hardship being caused to a Guest in the opinion of The Boutique Collection, The Boutique Collection reserves the right to cancel a booking and relinquish all responsibility on money owing by the Guest to the Agent.
CANCELLATIONS & AMENDMENTS
- Bookings cancelled at least 30 days prior to the arrival date will incur no additional cancellation penalty beyond the original deposit.
- Bookings cancelled during the 30 day period prior to the arrival date will incur a cancellation penalty equal to 100% of the total tariff for the booking.
- No amendments to booking dates allowed within 30 days of arrival, unless the existing stay is being extended.
PAYMENTS / ADDITIONAL FEES
- Credit Card payments will incur a 1.5% surcharge for Visa/MasterCard and 2.5% for American Express. Diners Club not accepted.
- Changes to an existing booking will incur a minimum administration fee of $25 each time the existing/processed booking is changed.
- It is at The Boutique Collection’s sole discretion as to what monies are refundable.
- If The Boutique Collection elects to cancel a booking, it is at the total discretion of The Boutique Collection as to whether a Guest receives a refund.
- If the final payment is to be debited automatically from the Guest’s credit card, this will be done 30 days prior to check in. If the day of check in falls on a Public Holiday or weekend, the funds may be debited the business day prior. The card holder gives The Boutique Collection express authorisation to do this.
- A fee of $150 will be charged for lockouts which require The Boutique Collection to attend the property, or if a spare key, once provided, is not returned promptly. This fee rises to $300 between 6pm and 6am at weekends and on Public Holidays.
- Additional fees of a minimum of $150 will be charged if the House/apartment is deemed to require extra cleaning; rubbish removal; if there has been any damage or if items are deemed to be missing from the property
- We reserve the right to charge any credit card for any damage/excess cleaning/rubbish removal/replacements to the apartments/houses/villas
- Any payments that were taken from a credit card, and which need to be refunded, will incur a 5% refund charge.
- If a Guest fails to pay monies when owed, The Boutique Collection reserves the right to deem this as a cancellation and cancel the booking. Should this happen, the Guest will forfeit his/her deposit if the booking is cancelled within 30 days of the arrival date of the booking.
- Any payments that were taken from a credit card, and which need to be refunded, will incur a 5% refund charge.
- The Guest gives The Boutique Collection and/or the Agent (with the consent of The Boutique Collection) authority to debit his/her credit card for any monies owing for his/her booking, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
RATES RULES 2022/23
- Guests agree to disclose all health conditions that may be relevant so we can allow for same. No complaint can be raised later if this disclosure was not made.
- Guests acknowledge that Far North Queensland is a humid tropical climate where air conditioning can struggle and humidity will increase inside, unless windows and doors are kept closed at all times. If windows and/or doors are left open, the rise in humidity indoors can quickly cause issues with mildew.
- Weekly linen and towel change can be arranged for stays of 8 nights or more, at an additional cost to the guest. Please note that a weekly service may also be offered to accompany this, subject to additional safety precautions that may be required due to a pandemic.
- Mid stays and services available at an additional tariff, subject to additional safety precautions that may be required due to a pandemic.
- Daily tidy available at an additional tariff, subject to additional safety precautions that may be required due to a pandemic.
- Cot available and payable 30 days prior to arrival – prices on request.
- Highchair Available and payable 30 days prior to arrival – prices on request.
- Extra bed for children up to aged 8 available for certain apartments and payable 30 days prior to arrival – prices on request. These need to be requested a minimum of 30 days in advance.
- Children under 2 – free in existing bedding
- Children 3 and over are counted as person in the room
- Balance payable 30 days prior to arrival for all reservations.
- All bookings must be paid in full prior to check in.
- Maximum people
– Studio 2 people
– 1 Bedroom 2 people
– 2 Bedroom 4 people
– 3 Bedroom 6 people
– 4 bedroom 8 people
– 5 Bedroom 10 people
– 6 Bedroom 12 people
Some properties will allow additional rollways for children up to age 8, at a fee and if booked in advance.
- During school holiday periods apartments/villas may not be able to be booked as lesser room types. e.g.: Island Views may only be sold as a 3 bedroom apartment, not as 1 or 2 bedroom apartment. This is at the discretion of The Boutique Collection. Check our website for availability.
- For any property listing that states ‘Enquire’ – please contact The Boutique Collection for pricing and availability.
- Check in time. The Boutique Collection makes every effort to have apartments and houses ready for check in at 3pm. However, should check in be delayed due to circumstances outside the control of The Boutique Collection, no compensation will be offered.
- The Boutique Collection strongly recommends that guests take out travel insurance to cover their obligations under these Terms & Conditions.